Corporate Social Responsibility
Shyam Metalics believes that a business house is much more than a profit center or an instrument of earning fortunes. Successful corporate are very important members of the society with immense responsibility for solving social, economic and environmental problems. At Shyam Metalics, corporate social responsibility is not merely a ritual but a purpose and objective that is central to its every activity and directed towards building nation by serving people. Shyam Metalics is thoroughly engaged in multi-directional community development programs and with projects that protects and preserves our environment for tomorrow. Through the CSR programs Shyam constantly supports primary education, community health and skill development through vocational training to make them employable in the changing technological ecosystem. It also undertakes programs for empowering the women and the differently abled people.
THE SHYAM GROUP of Company provides the vision under the leadership of the Chairman emeritus, Mr Mahabir Prasad Agarwal. The CSR committee of Directors of the group Companies shall consist of Directors (both Independent and non independent) of the respective Companies.
Our Five Pillars of CSR: Health, Women Empowerment, Tribal Welfare, Education, Environmental
- Improvements to local physical infrastructure such as roads, water, medical facilities near our manufacturing plants;
- Appointment of doctors for regular health checkups, providing medical support / medicine in villages near our manufacturing plants;
- Preventive health care services, community health outreach services including health camps for eye check-ups including cataract operations, blood and related tests;
- Providing ambulance facility for people residing in the nearby villages of our manufacturing plants;
- Addressing malnutrition and hunger in micro project mode by distributing food in orphanages surrounding Sambalpur and Jamuria manufacturing plants;
- Conducting relief camps for rain affected villages surrounding Sambalpur and Jamuria manufacturing plants; mass education and skill development through camps in the vicinity of our manufacturing plants
Through our numerous CSR initiatives we have empowered thousands of rural populace, which have led to significant socio-economic development in the vicinity of our manufacturing plants in Jamauria, West Bengal & Sambalpur, Orrisa
The Shyam Group believes in always making a positive contribution towards the entire society. This value has driven us to endeavor to reduce our carbon footprint by adopting renewable energy. Today, we have installed nearly 10MW of solar power plants across the rooftop and reservoirs of our plant. Once commissioned, these plants will together produce over 1.4cr units of electricity every year. In the process they will save over 14,000 tonnes of Carbon emissions every year, equivalent to planting nearly 3,00,000 trees. We see this as just the beginning to reducing our carbon footprint in the long run to become a sustainability focused organization.
We recently took a pivotal step towards the sustainable development of the community by introducing its new initiative called ‘Waste to Value’. Shyam Metalics has the state of the art facility for the production of premium quality Fly Ash Bricks. The production of fly ash bricks causes no pollution or environment damage as it requires no fossil fuel and hence does not lead to the emission of green-house gases.